BUML is starting to move though, starting with this update from the new BUMLOC (BUML Organising Committee):
Well, there is some good news and some bad news ... and then some more good news.
Good News : Our new League Director has an even bigger Iron Fist than Notty and looks ready to take us to the next level over the next 12 months.
Bad News : Annerley will not let us use the fields on the 8th and we are not sure about the 15th yet. Jason has been working hard trying to negotiate something for us.
Good News : PICK UP IS ON THIS SUNDAY and every Sunday at Kalinga Park Clayfield 3pm. Bring a white shirt and a black shirt. ALL WELCOME, even beginners. Get your frisbee fix.
More Good News : Jason has just secured some field space at Griffith for Monday nights from the 22nd so keep your eye on the BUDA mail group for news of what will be happening. Nice work Jason !
League Director : John Coorey (email@example.com)
League Assistants : Chris Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Adilia Murabito 0411873743
League/Fields Advisor : Jason deRooy
Rough Plan for BUML 2010 Season 1
2 weeks of Pick-Up and Learn to Play
Once we have secured some fields there will be approximately 2 weeks of Pick-Up and Learn to Play - Date and Location to be advised. ALL WELCOME - Bring your friends First timers are encouraged to come and try it out. This will be a great night to meet people and recruit for your league team, or form a new team.
- Field space at Annerley is an issue every year. Jason is working hard to secure some options for us. We will advise when location(s) for the league has been decided.
- The number of fields and locations available affects how many teams we can have and how we structure the league so stay tuned for more details.
- You can help by finding out about any fields you think we could use in the future (on any night).
- Start date to be confirmed
- 8 - 10 week season
- Div1/Div2 or other format and timeslots to be confirmed
- Given that we have not confirmed the location and format of the league, it is difficult to confirm teams but more information should be available next week. At this stage just use the current Div1/Div2 registration format and we will go from there.
- All players must be registered on AFDA under their team. http://www.afda. com/rego/showcompetition.php?competitioni d=763. If you do not already have a free AFDA number, go to afda.com and press 'join'.
- If you do not have a team, please register under "I Need a Team"
- If you are playing in more than one division, register in BOTH divisions and put your alternate team name in the "Team name in other division" field. (The ability to play in two divisions may be subject to change depending on format/location of league.)
- Div 2 teams must have a minimum of 7 "Div 2 only" players (This could change as well)
- All teams must have a minimum of four people of each sex registered. Aim for at least 12 people in total.
- Pick-Up will now be held on weekends thanks to Jangles.
- BUML is not a pick-up league.
- Players who are not registered under a team are considered pick-up players and will not be permitted to play for that team. All Pick-Up players are to report to League Director on the night and may be required to pay a fee.
- Fees will be team based. Total fee to be advised.
- A deposit will be required prior to draw being issued. Cut-off date will be advised.
- Remaining balance will be due by week 3 of the league.
- Timeouts, points cap, half time, time cap, gender split etc to be advised,
depending on length of time-slots and number of women registered.
After the draw is issued, all communication regarding Monday night league/draw/ results will be via the YUFL_intermediate yahoo mail group.