Monday, July 23, 2007

Halibut Preview: UQ Lovers

Just as Hercules took on his famous twelve labours, and as we head into the last week before the big event, I have been attempting to preview each of the 16 teams registered for 'Halibut 2007: It was THIS Big!'. Today: the UQ Ultimate Lovers.


FORM: This has been a very hard team to grasp, and its not because Chris is big on body oil. Earlier I was ranking them high, because I figured the Big 3P (Piers/Pottsy/Prett) would be playing for them. But then it was not so, and it looked like the Lovers wouldn't contest the Halibut. But now there are rumours of a second-semester foreign influx. Sure it sounds like a stomach problem, but it nonetheless makes them hard to tip.

Then there's the whole Jangles thing. I'm not sure there's nothing that QUTie wants more than to see the St Lucia sandstone crushed into dust.

Hmm, overall, should do alright, but it'll be hard to come together on the day.

PARTY: I expect this team to come together on the night. There is nothing like a crazy foreign influx to up the party stakes, and they will take outdrinking Hooray for Everything and G-Unit as a point of pride (although this will be a fairly easy task).

TIP: 12th. Because they'll have less than 12 players.

2 comments:

Chris Cunliffe said...

I actually won't be playing until Sunday, but if we can wrap up 12th or maybe even manage to pull a single figured result I think UQ will be very happy.

Though that said if we pull a couple of stud imports (unlikely) then it's game on.

JdR said...

Chris - I hope you'll still make the party on Saturday night. My tip on UQ's success is largely on your shoulders!