Monday, May 30, 2011

Why Jody Will Win MVP (Again)

Although I'm told that he didn't have an outstanding, points taking performance in the Final Round, I'm sure it won't matter. Here's why:

1. He won it last season. This can work against the MVP holder, as teams are more aware of his potency and may mark him harder. The captains may also be more critical, unfairly but understandably comparing "Tonight's Game" to previous games. This said, I think he will stand out more when he has good performances.

2. He does flashy stuff. You know, lay-outs and shit. Although he has Al on his team, who is also polling well, the lay-outs are exciting!

3. He's Black. Yeah, I said it. Much proclaimed as the best tan in ultimate, Jody's not just a little black, he's dark as the night! And my point is, this is a stark contrast with the rest of the computer geeks who play ultimate and lack Vitamin D (most of our outdoor activity is at night, people!) So yeah, basically 3 reasons why he gets noticed. It's kind of like Jason Akermanis or Adam Cooney when they won Brownlow Medals - they had incredibly bright hair colours!

4. He's a really good player. Although he does these noticeable things, he's consistent, and his efforts seem to lift the team and drive them toward victory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jody is spelled with a 'y'.

It's funny that you compared his dark skin to Akermanis' hair.

I'll have to get the tanned one to have a read of this.

I've just got a pair of gold boots... this should get me noticed.... too bad I'm so far off the radar.

dstrel said...

My humble apologies.

I hope he enjoys it!

Jangles said...

Hey no respect for the Jang. Oh well I have to agree with you on this Dan. The only thing with Jody's game is the number of throw aways that can result from his risky play. He does make up for these on defense, but he has reduced these in recent season which seems to coincide with SFC's improved form.

Most under-rated player from slamtown is not the Mayor(sorry mayor), but I would have vote for Donny as the man is sneaky and a danger all over the field.

dstrel said...

on the BUB you can always vote for yourself, Jangles! No self-respect, boy!