Monday, February 09, 2009

Workplace Will: BUML IS ON!




Howdy readers.

Tonight is the first league night of the 2009 BUML competition. And for some pre event entertainment we’ll take a look at the 4 teams that are competing in the 1st Division.

QUT Uglies: If I recall correctly this team has dropped in number over the past week from 12 players to 9. Unless people have taken their names off the list for fee paying purposes (nobody puts the blogs first anymore). I’ve summed up my feelings on QUT earlier and their placing within div1 is up in the air.




Plastic Scourgery: This team is looking sharp. Everyone is someone. Scourgery have a very strong line up of women this season and the gents are close behind. The team is known for handling pressure very well, which you’d expect considering your axis handler is a Barramundi or because Stu makes for a good popper. Noticable absences are Steven Cameron and JDR who I believe is taking some time off on the whole fatherhood thing, I don’t get it either. As for Steven Cameron, more moon haiku?




Chimichangas: I’m going to avoid putting my foot in it by saying something like “inexperienced”, “green” or something along those lines. On paper a team with the majority of 5 digit AFDA’s can be slandered but I can’t imagine the Chimi’s diluting so heavily. I’m thinking the players are experienced but just new to the country. Also the appearance of another McNaughton (how many are there?) makes me think there will be a team exclusively made up of them one day.




ALL POWERFUL UQ LOVERS: It’s in the name. Nuff said.







Also for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet the new BUML discs are in turning our picturesque view of southbank in to a perfect 10 bum. Discs are $20 and can be bought from Notty at the fields.

See you tonight.

Will-i-aM

No comments: