Monday, February 16, 2009

Congratulations Mike Neild - Off to Represent Australia at the World Games!

Congratulations to Mike Neild, on his selection as a member of the Australian team, the Crocs, to play in the 2009 World Games.

In July, the Crocs will travel to Kaohsiung, Taiwan in July to compete in the 6 team tournament. Their opposition is made up the USA , Canada , Japan , Great Britain and Chinese Taipei (hosts).

Australia picked up a Silver medal at the 2005 games, arguably the best result ever for a national team.

Ultimate at the World Games is played Mixed, with a maximum of 13 players on the team. The full Australian team are: Diana Worman, Liz Edye, Keah Molomby, Lauren Brown, Katie Bradstock, Ash Martens, Jonathan Holmes, Matthew Dowle, Anthony Dowle, Pete Gardner, Mike Neild, Tim Lavis and Peter Blakeley. Reserves are: Lisi Jarrott, Fiona Macrae, Megan Gamble, Gavin Moore, Owen Shepherd and Jonathan Tatham.

ps - I love how Ultimate is the first sport featured on the WG2009 promo-video!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey thanks Brisbane Ultimate Blog.

I'm proud to be a product of the Brisbane ultimate community. I learned the craft from many die hard Brissy battlers, and i'm currently very excited about the growing strength of our sport in our great city.

Thanks to everyone who has written to me personally or spoken to me this week. I appreciate your support and enjoy your excitement.

I hope I'll do us proud.

Mike