Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Uncle Travelin' Blog

So I've had a couple of trips away the last week, and catching up at work and home limits the time to record such travels. I choose to rectify this now.

Townsville was a good visit. Big Chief Keith (whom I've known from his BPL days, and of course with 74 Flood at WUCC) picked me up at the airport and we swung by his and Zane's bachelor pad (and let me say that aside from the lack of furniture, it was pretty bachelory!). Spare room and spare bed ready to go. Then it was off to the beach for some beach volleyball using the Official NUDI Beach Volleyball kit (yes, its true) seeing old pals Megs the Narnian Princess Digging Machine, and of course Mansauce. Despite the growing gale force wind and driving drizzle, we followed up with a BBQ and then home. I should mention that Keith and I drank a lot of beer, while everyone else had nothing. Hence our decision to spend the evening watching TV seems reasonable.

That was last week, then on the weekend I went to Sydney for the annual face2face AFDA Board meeting. It was very energising, but I should be doing the minutes for it rather than blogging, so you'll have to forgive me if I skim for now. Truckloads of work to do, but catching up with Pottsy, Piers, Leon, Mel, Lisi, John, Simon and Nic was great.

jdr

ps for those not getting it, this entry's title references Uncle Travelling Matt, a character from Fraggle Rock - which you need to search YouTube for now if you don't know what a Fraggle is.

No comments: