Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Rejected Logo Corner

I think we all like good logos. I've had a few goes at different times, but here's a few rejected roughs (just to give the concept - I couldn't take the time to do a proper job unless they were keen). I thought they were pretty good!

The first one for Firestorm plays on the Bushfire Warning signs you see around Australia. The wedges and text aren't quite tidy (I'd make the smooth), but I liked the idea of various colours, and also pushing the EXTREME! bit. I only sent it to Johnny Mac, so I don't know if the rest of the team got a look, but they ended up going with the understated zippo lighter.


The next one was for the Canberra women's team, fACTory girls. I've pinched the famous 'Rosie the Riveter' poster here, but think its pretty cool and empowered. I wasn't sure about the 'We Can Huck It' (in place of Rosie's 'We Can Do It'), but didn't have a better idea first up. Might have to keep this one in case the Brisbane women every move away from the 'saucy' Sultry theme to something more hard core.




2 comments:

Chris Cunliffe said...

You'll have to check out the UQ Lovers new jerseys that we are getting for this years AUG campaign - they will no doubt turn everyone's head for all the wrong reasons! They are going to be great/extremely embarrassing!

JdR said...

Hey Chris,
Thanks for the comment!
Yes, I have heard rumours of the AUGs producing some quality outfits this year.
I was thinking I'd start to gather and post various logos of old, at least so we've got an archive here.
So if there are some old designers out there, rifle through your drive and send them in.
jdr