Monday, October 29, 2007

The Joy of Non-Issues

I was talking to Mel Gangemi last night (Mel is the President of the AFDA, of which I am the Secretary). Mel was putting together stuff for the bi-annual national administrator conference and she pointed out an interesting statistic to me.

Of the eight key Ultimate associations in Australia (deep breath now - AFDA, QUDA, NSWFDA, VFDA, TUA, SAFDA, WAFDA and ACTUA), four presently have women Presidents (so 50%), and two have Presidents with indigenous heritage (so 25%).

Name another sport that would have that kind of mix amongst its key administrative posts.

I can't think of one.

But I figure what's more interesting, is that if some other sport had this mix, you'd hear all about it. It would be a big deal.

For Ultimate, its not an issue. Not even a "not an issue".

Near as I can tell, nobody on the Ultimate scene has noticed, or cares anyways.

Groovy.

1 comment:

Rueben said...

I sure can't think of one either!